Highlights: US extends Green card validity for five years
- In a recent move, the United States has extended the work permit validity, which will offer employment authorization cards to the non-immigrant category.
- Also includes the Indians waiting for Green Cards for five years.
- This decision from the US is set to have a good impact on many Indians who are currently residing in the US.
*Willing to migrate to the USA? Y-Axis is here to help you in all the procedures.
USCIS extends work permit to 5 years for all EADs
The US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has announced that it will provide Employment Authorization Cards to some Non-immigrant categories.
The validity of EADs has been increased to a good number of 5 years, which is the maximum, by the USCIS, and this applies to renewals and initial applications; also targets non-immigrants looking for employment authorization.
This includes those waiting for a Green Card for five years.
*Need step by step guidance to work in USA? Y-Axis is here to assist you.
Indians awaiting employment based Green Cards
- As per the recent studies, around 10.5 lakh Indians in the country awaiting employment-based Green Cards are expected to benefit from this.
- Green Card, or the Permanent Resident Card, is a vital document granted to the Immigrants who signify their residence in the US.
- Given by the Federal Agency, the eligibility includes applicants for adjustment of the status (INA 245), cancellation of removal, suspension of the deportation, asylum, or withholding of removal.
- The US aims to reduce the applications for Employment Authorization, and targets the new forms I-765, submitted for the renewal of EADs.
- This initiative will help to reduce the processing time and the Green Card backlogs.
*Looking for Jobs in the USA? Avail Y-Axis job search services to find the right one!
USCIS aims to reduce Green Card backlogs
According to the reports from David J. Bier of the Cato Institute, a US Libertarian, this year, the backlog of employment Green Cards has outstretched to a new high of 1,800,000.
Approximately 1,100,000 of the 1,800,000 backlogs are from India, constituting 63 per cent, and from China, comprising 14 per cent, which is 2,50,000.
This decision from the US to extend the validity of the EADs brings hope to the Indians waiting for the Green Cards.
Need step-by-step guidance to apply for H1-B Visa? Talk to Y-Axis, world’s no.1 Overseas Immigration Consultant.
For more updates on US Immigration news, follow Y-Axis USA news page!